Saturday 6 June 2015

UKBGF Grant.

Well that was an interesting week.
Earlier in the week I noticed that the UK Backgammon Federation had started to roll out a new grant scheme for new start ups or clubs that had only just come into being.
I e-mailed them straight away and received a return that evening asking for a rough breakdown of what I would spend the grant on.
Since I have already purchased several boards myself to help start the club I would be spending the bulk of it on advertising via our local newspaper and whats on magazines, flyers and business cards etc.
The main reason for concentrating on this area is that I have advertised via all the usual social media outlets as well as many local whats-on sites with very little success.
I feel that there are many people out there who would like a game but maybe just don't have access to a computer or who just don't use it for social media etc.
Anyway, long story short they seemed happy with my proposal so a bank transfer was received a few days later.
They have also allocated me a UKBGF clubs adviser in case I need any advise on running our group.

If anyone from the UKBGF is reading this, many many thanks for the help as I think it is going to make a great deal of a difference to who knows about us.
Onwards and upwards....


No comments:

Post a Comment