Thursday 21 May 2015

So,

It's taken me several days to get the enthusiasm to write this post.
Last Thursday I took a friend along  to our fortnightly meet at the Firebrand.
We ordered a pint and played for about an hour before deciding to call it a day..Nobody turned up...
After weeks of advertising via Facebook, Firebrand, Twitter, This blogg, Wozzon, Pirate FM , UKBGF, BIBA , Launceston 2020  and word of mouth the result is that nobody could be arsed to drag themselves away from Eastenders for the evening.

In total, since I began five people have come along.
1 player that had traveled  about 14 miles to be there.( Thanks for making the effort)
The rest were all associated with Firebrand, so had inside knowledge and were coming along to make up the numbers.
Is it worth it I'm thinking..
Well I am going to continue with the Launceston meeting every two weeks  but I'm thinking that I may try a different tack on the alternate week.
I am going to pick a suitable pub and advertise that I will be there for a game if anyone wants to pop along. That way it makes it more interesting for me as well as the added possibility that someone local to the pub may come along.

Watch this blogg for details.

No comments:

Post a Comment