Wednesday 6 May 2015

Backgammon Tips.


When this little book arrived in the post I was a little surprised at its size.... It's small...
However it's packed with helpful hints and tips to make you a better player.


The book contains 50 pearls of wisdom.
One per page.

Amazon Description:
The Little Book of Backgammon Tips by Chris Jones shows how a simple understanding of the dice-throw can improve your every move. There's advice on opening throws, how (and when) to block and run, hitting and being hit, bearing off, back games, using the doubling cube, and lots more. You're odds-on to double and redouble your success with this Little Book on board.



 I enjoyed reading this little book. It's not the sort of book to read in one sitting because you just can't take all the tips in at once.
So I have it on the table next to me while watching T.V. and when there is a dip in program quality I pick it up and dive in.
The ideal book for someone like me who needs to up their game rather than plod along losing as many as I'm winning.
Well worth buying..



An Amazon Review..

By Mr. Colin Mcelhatton on 12 Feb. 2013
 
This book feels like a collection of Zen teachings. It's all sound knowledge but ultra concise. Rather than a book for beginners I would prefer to think of this book as a mind jogger aimed at helping you remember concepts. It's like having a terse study guide to a vast body of knowledge. You would not use this book on its own but together with other literature on the subject it could help you memorize key concepts. 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment