Tuesday 8 September 2015

Coventry Trip to the UKopen


This past weekend we have been in Coventry for the UK Backgammon open2015.

This was my first tournament so I was a little worried about what to expect. You see I have been a member of many different clubs ( non Backgammon) over the years and attended many events that go along with the currant hobby.
I can safely say that most of them were clicky at best and very unwelcoming to non or new members.
So you can see why I was very apprehensive.

 Anyways, I need not have worried. We arrived at the Ricoh on Saturday morning and found the event.

Very quickly we were chatting with people.  People that we didn't know. People who were very nice, chatty and welcoming.. RESULT

So far so good...On to the gaming.  I was again worried about my first game against someone new who would undoubtedly be more used to these events.


 Again not to worry, all my opponents over the two days were very friendly and I hope to play them again very soon.


All in all a great weekend was had. Games won and more games lost.
But it didn't matter as they were all good games..


 
 I will be on the lookout for the next tournament to travel to..

No comments:

Post a Comment